Three of our members have just returned from an extremely successful long weekend of sales at the BBC Good Food Show. The event, held in the SECC in Glasgow started on Friday 17th October and finished on the Sunday afternoon.
The event also included demonstrations from well known food celebrities, including Mary and Paul (who nowadays only need there Christian names) on Friday and Saturday, as well as "Saturday Kitchen's" James Martin on Sunday.
Moira Cairns from Stockans was more than pleased "We actually sold out and had to get more supplies to keep us going, even then we still ran out of some of our popular flavours" she said. Island Smokery also had a great weekend of sales. Callum MacInnes said it was always a great show and this year had been no exception "We actually ended up selling stuff we really only took down to display - otherwise we woud have had nothing on Sunday afternoon - but that was a great problem to have" said a beaming Callum.
Argo's had a range of sweet and savoury biscuits as well as their famous Orkney Fudge and the newly launched Highland Park cake - which went down particularily well with visitors. Argo's Jenna McDill was also delighted with the venue, the location of the Orkney stand and the level of sales over the three days. "We never really know how well we will do at these things, but this year we were in a great spot, right next to the theatre where all the demo's were being done - so we got an avalanche of customers each time they ended. A good problem though!".
You will see some pictures from the event in the gallery below.
- Argo's Bakery's Grace and Ewan McDill
- Island Smokery's Callum MacInnes and Assistant Anna
- Stockan's Oatcakes Kirsty George and Moira Cairns
- The Cooking Theatre (from a distance!!)
- Even the workers need to eat sometime
- Mary.... and Paul
- The avalanche from the Theatre starts... brace yourselves
- All work and no play... I don't think so...
- James Martin wants a souvenir too
- His pudding never worked as planned - great fun though...
- They think it's all over... it is now!