Colin's classic Cullen Skink
- 4 x fillets of Humes smoked haddock
- 1 x tablespoon Orkney butter
- 1 x tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 x shallots (thinly sliced)
- 1 x small leek (thinly sliced)
- 4 x medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 8 x small salad potatoes (cubed skin on)
- 450ml good quality chicken stock
- 300ml full cream Orkney milk
- 100ml double cream
- 2 x tablespoons chives (chopped)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat then add shallots and leeks. Cook for about 5 mins but do not allow to colour.
- Add the Dijon mustard, potatoes and chicken stock. Boil until tender. In a separate pot boil small salad potatoes until tender.
- Meanwhile in another pan cover the haddock with the milk and cook gently for about five minutes until just tender. Remove from the milk and when cool enough to touch flake into large pieces.
- Mash the potatoes, leeks and onions in the chicken stock; add milk and blend until smooth.
- Add the cream, baby potatoes, chives and flaked fish
- Salt & pepper to taste…then enjoy!